Chicken Cock Whiskey Island Rooster Rum Barrel Rye
Inspired by a trip to the Caribbean, where roosters announce the coming day, we decided to finish 25 barrels of our Signature Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey in Caribbean rum casks. The result is a relaxing blend of spicy notes from the rye with candied molasses notes from the rum barrels. Sun and sand meets the Bluegrass state.
* Gold Award from San Francisco World Spirits Competition
* Over 4 Year Maturation Time
* Finished in Caribbean Rum Casks for at least 6 Months
* Non-chill filtered
* Beautiful, balanced 95% Rye, 5% Malted Barley
* 95 Proof (47.5% ABV)
* Bottled in a Prohibition-era Replica Apothecary-Style Bottle
Beautiful, rich dark amber in color.
An elegant array of spices, pepper, with a hint of rye grassiness and sweet molasses softly touched with oak overtones.
A tremendous complexity of spices, vanilla, butterscotch and pepper, beautifully complimented with just enough rum sweetness to complete the full flavor profile.
Very long and enjoyable, with the rye characteristics predominant, but wonderfully enhanced with a touch of sweet, rich molasses and buttery mouthfeel.
Rye Whiskey | 47.5 % ABV | 750ml | USA